Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Sample Sale Season

It's time for the sample sale blinders again. Do not go to these site's pages if you want to save any money this month:

NY Mag Shopping

Refinery 29 Hot Sales

There are various sites that have the know on NYC sample sales but I limit myself to only two information sources because of website loyalty and lack of self control.

One sale that I haven't heard a peep about yet is Sigerson Morrison. It's usually around April 28th, which is today by chance. Let me know if you hear anything.

Also, I am currently sitting at my desk sulking about missing the Maria Zero Cornejo Sample sale today. How cruel of them- 1 day sale from 11 am till 5 pm. Have you no heart? I understand why this Chilean designer chose such exclusive times, but it is still disappointing.


4/28 Womenswear and shoes are up to 80 percent off at the Zero + Maria Cornejo and Repetto sample sale. The grass-print Mara skirt is $75 (originally $389), the silk-charmeuse Nella dress is $150 (originally $499), and the twill Simple Jenga pant is $75 (originally $467). More than 10 years worth of archive samples start at $50. 84 Wooster St., nr. Spring St., sixth fl. (212-925-3849); Th (11–5). (excerpt from nymag.com)

I'm not sure what the Jenga pant is but I'm sad I won't get to find out. Below is a shearling jacket by Maria Zero Cornejo that I tried on this winter. It's so beautiful and a unique twist on a classic piece.
 Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

And from 2011 Resort....

Zero + Maria Cornejo resort 2011 fashion 426245
(I have a hunch this may be the jenga pant above)

2 comments:

QE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
master bedroom designs said...

Hey
NY STANDING
Your broadcast through this post provided brilliant clear concept. My best regards to you.